That’s right, according to people who subscribe to the ideology of both the Republican and Democrat parties, you are part of the political fringe. Republicans and Democrats, who claim to value and respect you and your service to the country, have labeled you as the political fringe.
Oh, politicians make great speeches and political activists have loud bumper stickers, but when it comes down to paying attention to what matters to you, forget it. They say money talks. Well, the U.S. military men and women are talking loud and clear. However, there are few who are listening.
Instead, they are foolishly painting the opinion of military men and women as unimportant and labeling them as the fringe (inadvertently or not).
Here’s how and why you, the U.S. military men and women, are now considered part of the political fringe:
- It is a fact that military people have been supporting Ron Paul with a lot of monetary donations.
- In fact Ron Paul receives more donations from people in the military than all of the Republican candidates combined.
- Ron Paul receives more donation money from people in the military than president Barack Obama.
Ron Paul is the Presidential candidate than gets the most support from military personnel.
- Both the right wing and left wing of the political establishment and mainstream media say Ron Paul is a fringe candidate.
- Both the right wing and left wing of the political establishment and the mainstream media say Ron Paul is unelectable.
- People who loyally subscribe to the party line talking points of the right wing and left wing political establishment and the mainstream media say that Ron Paul is a fringe candidate and is unelectable.
The right wing and left wing political establishment, the mainstream media and their party-line talking point loyalists say Ron Paul is a fringe candidate.
Why This Is Greatly Disrespectful and Wrong
While Ron Paul continues to become more and more popular among U.S. military men and women, the mainstream media continue to ignore it. They ignore, marginalize and mock the U.S. military personnel’s favorite candidate, according to donations (putting their money where their mouths are).
Some American people resort to name calling, labeling, baseless attacks, cliches and talking points when speaking of Ron Paul. When speaking about Ron Paul, there is almost never a reasonable, logical argument presented. Instead, it is usually a non-answer. You can see it on TV, radio, Twitter, Facebook and comments sections of websites. It’s not only a show of intellectual laziness and a failure to think critically. This kind of behavior acts counter to the American principles of our founders. This is interesting when you consider we are told our troops are fighting for these very principles.
Despite Ron Paul continuing to rise in polling and fundraising, the media, the political establishment, headline skimmers and blind followers continue this inaccurate and juvenile behavior. In so doing, they are also attempting to stifle and marginalize the voice American military men and women.
When you inaccurately and irresponsibly call Ron Paul a candidate of the political fringe despite enormously evidence to the contrary, you are sticking a thumb in the eye of the American soldiers and all the brave men and women who support them.
The men and women of the U.S. military are speaking loud and clear, not just by words but by their actions and with their dollars. Instead of hearing their voice, respecting their voice and considering their voice when evaluating presidential candidates, the political establishment, the media and party-line political followers are labeling the U.S. military men and women part of the political fringe.
Image by The U.S. Army via Flickr