On June 27, 2012 The Supreme Court of The United States of America ruled 5-4 that The Affordable Care Act, commonly referred to as Obamacare, was constitutional and most of the bill will stand as law.
There is a lot of analysis from TV and radio people from the left and right. They are going into details about specific language on various pages of the bill. That’s all fin and dandy. What’s lost in all of this is the simple truths and the big picture.
People want to know what Obamacare means to them. Here’s what it means for you stated simply and plainly.
Unless you are…
An insider like congress
Have a waiver from Obamacare
…you will be poorer and less free.
- America is broke. How can we afford this huge program? We decided that now, in one of the worst economic times in our history, was the time to install a gigantic government healthcare plan that will cost us trillions. When you are broke, if you spend more money, do you become wealthier or poorer?
- Costs will increase. Let’s be real for a moment. Everything government handles costs go up. When you don’t have to turn a profit, can never go out of business and your operating capital is taking from other productive people (tax payers)…there is no incentive to operate efficiently and reduce costs. It’s not too difficult to think of several examples of this because this happens in every instance government manages anything. Sorry, government workers, but that’s just how it is.
- The rising costs will be paid for by taxpayers. Pretty simple. As costs go up and government spends like they always do, the tax payer will have to pay for it. There is nothing free about Obamacare. With this bill comes the highest tax increases in the history of America, maybe the world. From what I can tell, about 25% of this will be covered by the rich. So, who else is going to pay for the other 75%?
- You will lose control of your body and your life. The worst aspect of this bill will be that in the long term as things play out, people will lose the freedom to choose what they do with their own bodies. This means the government will be staking a higher claim on your body and life than you have. The supporters of Obamacare have, in effect, deferred their right to decide what will happen to their own body / life. As government gains control of more and more healthcare policies, which is how the bill is crafted, the government will have final say on the who, what, when, why and how of your healthcare. You may scoff at this, but if you are honest with yourself you will see that is the truth.
Unfortunately, people still haven’t learned the key lesson. If you want a higher degree of prosperity and freedom in your life, when the government asks if they can take more control of your life, you say no.
This isn’t some revolutionary idea. This is just economics and simple reasoning. One only has to look at the past to see the pattern.
In my opinion, and the opinion of many who are concerned with human liberty, individual rights and the constitutionality of laws, the Supreme Court’s ruling on Obamacare is nearly criminal. The bill was clearly not constitutional. It’s almost absurd to entertain debate. Generally speaking, those who support this bill are giving no consideration to liberty or the constitution.
Obamacare supporters falsely believe that they are being compassionate. Their misguided attempt at compassion is really an intellectually lazy use of force.
They fail to ask why, if Obamacare is about making healthcare affordable for those who have no coverage, will lower costs and improve services…
Why this is compulsory program that all (but politically favored businesses) need to participate?
Why businesses are lining up to seek waiver?
Why wasn’t this just drafted as a social program to help just those without coverage?
Why does the government need to hire 16,000 IRS agents if this won’t increase taxes?
These questions are conveniently ignored by many.
Obamacare was much more than a healthcare bill. It has plenty of hidden goodies that will continue to reveal themselves as time goes on. None of this is good for those who want to be self-reliant and live their own lives.
That is what Obamacare means to you.